img

Medora Covered Bridge

The Medora Covered Bridge was built in 1875 by one of Indiana’s master bridge builders, J.J. Daniels. Daniels learned the carpenter’s trade as a young man, building his first bridge in Southeast Indiana and completing a career total of 60 Indiana covered bridges. This structure is the last standing triple span covered bridge in Indiana as well as the longest covered bridge still standing in the United States. The stone abutments and piers were quarried in the nearby town of Fort Ritter. Closed to traffic in the 1970’s, the bridge is a marvel of construction and carpentry and well worth the visit.